[Getdp] Re: Dirichlete Boundary conditon

Christophe Geuzaine geuzaine at acm.caltech.edu
Tue Jun 10 08:39:02 CEST 2003

Lin Ji wrote:
> Dear Christophe,
>     With time dependent Dirichelete Boundary condition, can we still use
> GenerateSeperate and Update in the TimeLoop to make it more efficient?
> The Constraint and therefor the Formulation have been changed according to
> your suggestion in an earlier email. Is the following going to work?
>
> // with Dirichlete boundary source
> Resolution {
>    { Name Wave;
>       System {
>          { Name A; NameOfFormulation Wave; }
>       }
>       Operation {
>          InitSolution[A] ;
>          InitSolution[A] ;
>          GenerateSeparate[A] ;
>          TimeLoopNewmark[t_min,t_max,dt,0.25,0.5] {
>             Update[A, 1] ;
>             Solve[A] ;
>             If[ SaveFct[] ] {
>                SaveSolution[A] ;
>             }
>          }
>       }
>    }
> }

No: "Update[System, Function[]]" works by multiplying the RHS of
"System" by "Function[]" at each time step. You should thus just

- specify your time function as the second argument of "Update";

- apply a unit Dirichlet boundary condition (the TimeFunction *in the
constraint* is now superfluous).

Christophe A. Geuzaine
Applied and Computational Mathematics, Caltech
geuzaine at acm.caltech.edu - http://geuz.org