[Getdp] Feature request : SurAxiRectShell

Olivier Castany castany at quatramaran.ens.fr
Thu Feb 22 14:05:08 CET 2007

Hello,

there is not Jacobian "SurAxiRectShell" in GetDP...

however, this could be useful in a problem with an axial symmetry
(VolAxi) in which the outer part of the domain is mapped to infinity
(VolAxiRectShell). A jacobian "SurAxiRectShell" would make it possible
to integrate on the surface of the VolAxiRectShell region.

The kind of problem I have in mind :

a disk with thickness "h" and very large diameter "D" is heated in its
central region (of size "L", with L << D) and convection happens on the
two sides of the disk. In the model, D would be taken to infinity.
In the current state of GetDP, I think convection can not be taken into
account around the region VolAxiRectShell because there is no
SurAxiRectShell jacobian.

So... is there someone interested in programming that ?

Any answer would be appreciated.

(Unfortunately, my understanding of GetDP and my programming skills are
too weak for that)

Regards,

O.C.