[Getdp] Eigenvalue Problem

Amit.Itagi at seagate.com Amit.Itagi at seagate.com
Wed Apr 18 21:57:13 CEST 2007

Hi Christophe,

I am learning to use getdp for eigenvalue problems. To start with, I set up
a simple 1d problem to look for the first three eigenvalues. The program
spits out the eigenvalues correctly (on standard output) in the "-solve"
step. However, when I look at the .res file, it contains the solution to
only the third eigenvalue. Even with the "-split" option, I don't get three
.res files. How do I retrieve the first two eigenvalues and eigenvectors ?

I found an earlier post that indicates using the "TimeStep" option in the
Post Operation. But I would think that if the .res file does not contain
the solution, the post operation would not output it either. I am attaching
my .geo and .pro files. What do I need to change ?

(See attached file: test.geo)(See attached file: test.pro)

Thanks

Rgds,
Amit