[Getdp] Eigenvalue Problem Example

Amit.Itagi at seagate.com Amit.Itagi at seagate.com
Thu Apr 19 16:46:45 CEST 2007

Hi,

With Bernhard Kubicek's tips, I finally managed to get a 1D eigenvalue
problem working. This example can serve as a starting point for 2D and 3D
problems. For the benefit of others who are trying to learn the eigenvalue
stuff, I am posting the files here ( I am not sure how to add it to the
wiki).

gmsh -1 eigen1D.geo
getdp eigen1D -mesh eigen1D.msh -solve res
getdp eigen1D -mesh eigen1D.msh -pos po

The eigenvalues will be stored in "eigenValues.pos", the eigenvectors in
"eigenVector1.pos", "eigenVector2.pos", and "eigenVector3.pos" (can be
visualized using gmsh).

(See attached file: eigen1D.geo)(See attached file: eigen1D.pro)

Thanks

Rgds,
Amit