[Getdp] Periodic Boundary Conditions

Bogdan Funieru bfunieru at ew.tu-darmstadt.de
Tue Jun 3 12:56:17 CEST 2008

Dear List,

I have a problem using periodic boundary conditions. The simple example
attached represents a linear permanent magnet machine without stator slots.
Two poles are simulated and the moving part is translated so one of the
poles is split on left and right of the model. The solving works without
incidents but the result is not a periodic field. (E.g. the last
postoperation shows the Az on a line in the middle of the air gap and the
left end has not the same value with the right end.). I’ have checked if the
mesh is the same left from right and noticed that the nodes have not exactly
the same position on the boundary. The file per1.msh corrects this problem
but the result is not better. Does somebody have an idea where my problem
comes from?

Many thanks

Dr.-Ing. Bogdan Funieru

Institut für elektrische Energiewandlung/

Institute for Electrical Energy Conversion

Technische Universität Darmstadt

Landgraf-Georg-Str. 4

64283 Darnstadt

Tel. 0049-(0)6151-16-5694