[Getdp] Enforcing magnetic scalar potential jump in H-Phi model

DILASSER Guillaume Guillaume.DILASSER at cea.fr
Tue Jan 7 10:46:40 CET 2020

Dear Christophe,

I have experimented a lot with my GetDP model in late December and, although I did not manage to achieve what I am looking for yet, I now am convinced that the proper direction is the one you mentioned, namely adding an additional equation on the voltages in the circuits of the model.

I have enclosed a short pdf presentation (written in french) of my problem, in case it might help understand the model I am trying to build. As of now, my issue is that I am uncertain on the way to implement the solution with a 0D equation on the voltages in GetDP. I feel I will need to use the homology module from Gmsh to generate the homology group of the conducting domain. I have already done that. Then, I can't figure if I am supposed to compute the electrical field (and thus the voltages) as a post-processing quantities out of my main h variable and probably iterate to find the correct coil current or if I can used two function spaces like in an A-v formulation, for example.

Sincerely Yours,

Guillaume Dilasser