[Gmsh] Problem in WIndows NT for Large problems

Christophe Geuzaine Christophe.Geuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Wed Jun 27 08:23:47 CEST 2001

Marino Arroyo wrote:

> Hi, I have been using successfully Gmsh to postprocess shell problems
> with triangle  elements. But for some reason, whenever I try to load a
> mesh larger than 10 000 nodes and 20000 elements, the program stops
> responding. Thanks,

This is strange (we work daily with meshes 10 to 100 times that big)...

- Can you reproduce the bug on other machines/platforms (e.g. Linux)?
- A mesh of 10000 nodes/20000 triangles takes approximately 10 Mbytes of
RAM. Is this ok with your PC? (I guess it is :-)
- Did you remove the Opengl32.dll library packaged with Gmsh if there is
already one packaged with Windows?

If you still have the problem, send me your (compressed) files to
mailto:Christophe.Geuzaine at ulg.ac.be.

Christophe