[Gmsh] Problem in WIndows NT for Large problems

Christophe Geuzaine Christophe.Geuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Wed Jun 27 18:50:20 CEST 2001

Marino Arroyo wrote:

> Dear Christophe,
>
> Thanks for your fast reply. Here is some info that may be useful. Only
> one Opengl32 is present in my system, and I have 192 MB of ram. The same
> problem (program not responding) happens in another 1GB ram Windows2000
> system. I am using the version 1.19. In another Linux system with the
> Gmsh 1.17 installed, an error occurs and a message saying that I have
> found a bug in Gmsh apppears.
>
> I attach a zip file with two examples, one smaller that works and a
> bigger one that does not. Thanks again for the support,

The problem comes from your data file. I guess you write your numbers
with a fixed field length, and you simply reach the maximum length for
node numbers > 9999. For example, you have

17661    2  100    6    3 9998 2542 9999
17662    2  100    6    3 9999 254410000

Gmsh cannot read the second line, since it expects 3 node numbers (9999
2544 and 10000) and only sees 2 numbers (9999 and 254410000)...

Christophe

--
Christophe Geuzaine

Tel: 32 (0) 4 366 37 10    http://geuz.org