[Gmsh] Big Post Processing

Nicolas TARDIEU nicolas.tardieu at edf.fr
Fri Jul 4 10:38:28 CEST 2003

Hello!

Since Gmsh is an official pre post processing tool for the open source
mechanics code "Code_Aster", it is now commonly used on big models. We
then
face the problem of efficiency : when trying to visualize a field on  a
very
big 3D mesh, it becomes very slow. I know that by using the SKIN plugin or
the "BOUNDARY" menu, we can ease and speed up the visualization.
But when the mesh is really big, it is almost impossible to access to the
menu! How can we tell Gmsh, on a command line option for instance, just to

display the mesh's skin ?

        Thank you in advance,

                Nicolas