[Gmsh] Close but no cigar

Christophe Geuzaine c.geuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Sun Jun 13 11:52:33 CEST 2004

Jonas Forssell wrote:
> Hello again,
>
> Thank you for your previous help.
>
> After modification according to your "cheat" trick,
> the surface physicals are now correctly applied.

OK.

Warning: with the latest version (I've uploaded 1.53.1 yesterday) you
should either use that "trick" or specify non-zero region numbers in
the Layers commands, but not both (cf. attached file).

> However, almost none of the nodes in the pendulum have
> been capured by the physical. Even the corner node of
> the bumper beam is included in the pendulum physical.

Sure: newp returns the number of the next available *geometry*
point---not the next mesh node.

> How can I change my geo file to capture ALL of the
> nodes in the pendulum and none on the beam?

You already have that info in the mesh file---no need to add Physical
Points. Just loop through all the elements and get the nodes of the
elements that belong to the physical groups you're interested in. That's
really how the code is supposed to work.

Best,

Christophe Geuzaine
Applied and Computational Mathematics, Caltech
geuzaine at acm.caltech.edu - http://geuz.org