[Gmsh] thanks for Gmsh

Christophe Geuzaine geuzaine at acm.caltech.edu
Fri Jul 30 08:22:59 CEST 2004

dangla patrick wrote:

> Hi
> I'm developping a Free Software for scientific purposes (finite volume,
> finite element) and I use Gmsh for meshes and post-procesing. I'm very
> pleased with Gmsh. It is a very powerfull and friendly tool and I want
> to thank you for that.
> I have only a tiny (and maybe stupid!) question. The numbering of
> triangles doesn't seem to be in the same order than that described in
> the reference manual.
> For example the joined example (attached file triangle.geo) produces a
> mesh file in which the ordering of the triangle 1 is 2 4 3 instead of 2
> 3 4 after the manual.
> Am I doing something wrong?

Hello Patrick - I'm not sure if this is the reason, but there was a
surface orientation inconsistency in all versions prior to 1.54. You can
normally solve it by defining Physical Surfaces with negative numbers,
or by upgrading to Gmsh 1.54.

Tell me if you still see this behavior in the latest version.

Thanks,

Christophe Geuzaine
Applied and Computational Mathematics, Caltech
geuzaine at acm.caltech.edu - http://geuz.org