[Gmsh] Problem with extruded mesh

Christophe Geuzaine christophe.geuzaine at case.edu
Mon Dec 5 20:15:41 CET 2005

Wladimyr Mattos C. Dourado wrote:
>  Hi Guys
>
> I tried to generate a mesh for the attached geometry. It's a sector of a
> revolved step and the circunferential discretization has only one
> division. The surfaces are defined as transfinite to generate no
> elements inside the slab.

Transfinite volumes can be a bit tedious to define. Here is version of
your file that uses the extrusion commands to generate the volume mesh.

PS: Gmsh will produce an error during mesh generation because there are
some degenerated hexahedra (with 2 identical nodes). The mesh can be
saved just fine, but you will probably have to deal with these elements
in a special way in your solver...