[Gmsh] versions higher then 1.53 do not work

Christophe Geuzaine christophe.geuzaine at case.edu
Fri Feb 17 18:58:41 CET 2006

Alfonso Medina wrote:
> Also, I'm not sure if I have already mentioned it. An inverse selection.
> If you could add a button the when pressed, you would select everything,
> but the selected (point, line, surface,volume) and if un-set, it would
> work as a regular selection. That way you could select all surfaces of
> an model to be in a physical surface set except for the one that you
> selected. The just choose that one that you selected as the inlet or
> outlet in a fluid solving problem.  If I chose to use an STL file from

You can do that in the last version: in selection mode you can press
Ctrl+mouse click to start a selection rectangle, and click again to end
it. Then you can use Shift+mouse click to un-select some entities if you
want to.

> Pro/e or Blender, I would have to choose a lot of little triangular
> surfaces the whole day. So this and some other ideas for selection

The idea behind the way Gmsh handles STL input is that it actually
reconstructs a geometry from it (by detecting sharp edges). So all (or
most) of the surface identification is already taken care of.

--
Christophe Geuzaine
Assistant Professor, Case Western Reserve University, Mathematics