[Gmsh] About Gmsh

Luiz Guilherme Heidorn Bronzato luiz.bronzato at poli.usp.br
Wed Feb 22 12:04:40 CET 2006

Hi! My name is Luiz Guilherme, I study in USP, here in Brazil, and I'm a studant of eletric engineering.
I'm doing, with one of my professors, a research about eletromagnetism and we use Gmsh to divide our geometris in triangles to use in a program that we are doing that calculates magnetism scattering.
Something that we have to do in our program is to numer the diferents parts of the geometry. In Gmsh we have the possibility of make this using the physical elements, but we want to put a order in the number, for exemple, the first part with number one, the second with number two, like this. But when we define physical entites in Gmsh, I can't control the order of the numbers, if I have already make, for exemple, 10 elementary entites, the first physical entite will apear with number 11 and I want this to apear with a number that I chose. I know that I can modify this in the arquive .geo, but I want to know if there is a way to do this with a better interface, direct in the program when I'm defining the physical entites, if it's possible, if I can write a number in the keyboard, like 4, and after define a physical entite and this entite will be associete with number 4.

Thank you for your atention, Luiz Guilherme.