[Gmsh] message to socket client

Jose M. Sancho jose.sancho at upm.es
Thu Feb 23 17:03:47 CET 2006

Dear Cristophe:

Related to my previous question,
I remember a post some time ago about sending commands to Gmsh
directly via a socket.
I do not know if it is yet implemented but it will be great, because
to achieve on the fly animation I need to
Delete View[0] before the next View is loaded and in binary format it
is not possible to send standard commands.

But if I could send directly commands like " Delete View;",
"BoundingBox;"  or whatever,  then half of the problem is solved.

As a fringe benefit  it would be possible to have easily an open
console to send all the commands to Gmsh directly,
even in a remote computer.

I think this feature  could open very interesting capabilities to yet
a wonderful piece of software.

Best regards.

José M. Sancho
Professor of Structural Analysis