[Gmsh] GMSH / GetDP

Warren Sher zwe at relode.net
Sun Feb 26 21:30:28 CET 2006

Howzit

I am currently working on a fourth year electrical engineering project in
which we are required to add a feature to the functionality of GMSH/GetDP. I
have followed the tutorials on GMSH. I know how to work the geometry, mesh
and post processor phases but not the solver. I suspect the reason is that I
don't know how to set things up properly in GetDP.

Please could someone explain to me what information GMSH supplies to GetDP
(assumed to be the meshes) and what information I must supply to it myself
(assumed to me the equations to solve). What is the most effective way to
interface the two programs? Do you know of any GUI that can facilitate the
entering in of the equation details to GetDP?

Is there any guide like a DOXYGEN file to either of the program's source
code?

Time is ticking away and I don't seem to be making much progress even in
understanding how the program works, never mind actually understanding the
source code and implementing a new feature

Regards

Warren (nee Zwe)

 <http://www.bnei.co.za> Eretz Yisrael Le'Am Yisrael Al Pi Torat Yisrael

Warren Sher
Rosh Small Communities, Sgan Rosh Machaneh (Deputy Camp Director)

Bnei Akiva SA
P O Box 299224
Sandringham 2131

 <mailto:zwe at relode.net> zwe at relode.net