[Gmsh] ... electric field lines ...

Matt Koch mattkoch at scitex.us
Fri Oct 6 00:28:44 CEST 2006

Hi All,

this seems to be a simple matter of solving the following equations for
F = (Fx,Fy,Fz) as the vector (yeah right, NOTHING is EVER simple):

dx/ds = Fx/|F|
dy/ds = Fy/|F|
dz/ds = Fz/|F|

with |F| = sqrt(Fx^2 + Fy^2 + Fz^2)

Even a dumb Runge-Kutta approach could probably do. I might could give
it a try, but I'd need to know how to write plugins (how to
programmatically access fields calculated by GetDP, how to
programmatically draw in GMsh, and such), and perhaps get some feedback
from y'all on how long it might take to write a "typical" plugin? Would
some sort of Runge-Kutta driver or other ODE solver be accessible to a
plugin, or would that have to be developed from scratch, or pulled in
from GSL, for example?

Thanks,

Matt Koch