[Gmsh] Extrusion and Physical

Nicolas TARDIEU nicolas.tardieu at edf.fr
Thu Oct 19 16:11:37 CEST 2006

Dear Gmsh-ers,

I have the following problem : I model a simple half-cylinder thanks to extrusion
operations.  This is simple and elegant thanks to "s[]=Extrude....".
In the second time, I would like to create Physicals being the internal surface of
the cylinder or the internal surface of the cylinder or one of its extremity...
Here the command file becomes hugly, full of "v1[0]-12, v1[0]-17, ...".
Is there an elegant way to get for instance the surface numbers when creating a solid
by extrusion, given that the extruded surface can be composed of an arbitrary number
of edges? (am I clear???)

Nicolas

(See attached file: cyl.geo)