[Gmsh] Extrusion and Physical

Christophe Geuzaine cag32 at case.edu
Fri Nov 3 04:36:19 CET 2006

Nicolas TARDIEU wrote:
> Dear Gmsh-ers,
>
> I have the following problem : I model a simple half-cylinder thanks to extrusion
> operations.  This is simple and elegant thanks to "s[]=Extrude....".
> In the second time, I would like to create Physicals being the internal surface of
> the cylinder or the internal surface of the cylinder or one of its extremity...
> Here the command file becomes hugly, full of "v1[0]-12, v1[0]-17, ...".
> Is there an elegant way to get for instance the surface numbers when creating a solid
> by extrusion, given that the extruded surface can be composed of an arbitrary number
> of edges? (am I clear???)

Unfortunately, I don't think so--at least with the current version.

Maybe we could just add the identification numbers of all the "lateral"
surfaces generated by the extrusion (their number depending on the
number of edges of the original surface) at the end of the return list?
Would that be enough?