[Gmsh] Gmsh solid modeling

Jack Cackler jmcackler at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 04:28:02 CET 2007

Dear Dr. Geuzaine,
  I am a researcher at Stanford University and work with Simbios.  My
group is currently working on developing open source imaging software
for the cardiovascular system.  In Gmsh 1.65 I particularly valued
using .stl files in Gmsh to make solid models, however Gmsh 2.0 no
longer has this capability, a .stl file will simply render a mesh.
This is particularly useful to me, as having one program with which I
can create meshes and solid models that is open source is extremely
efficient.  Is there a way to generate solid models in Gmsh 2.0?  If
the answer is no, then why was this function removed?
Sincerely,
Jack Cackler
Stanford University