[Gmsh] symmetrical mesh

Christophe Geuzaine cgeuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Mon Mar 19 23:43:51 CET 2007

Thierry GILLES wrote:
> Hi Christophe
>
> I come again, with a (simple) GMSH question.
> I'd like to force some symmetry in the mesh, how can I do that ?
> As an example, I send you a cigar, and I'd like to mesh it in a way that
> the mesh in every XY quadrant is symmetric with regard to the cigar axis
> (the Z axis)..
> My lc's are the same everywhere, I tried to set to zero the perturbation
> factor, but it doesn't work.

Hello Thierry - Unfortunately, there is no "unstructured mesh symmetry"
facility available in Gmsh at the moment. Some simple things might be
added in the future, but I have no idea when.

At the moment you could either build a structured mesh, or
"post-process" a partial grid on your own in order to build the full grid.