[Gmsh] Gmesh Question

Ruy Fernán Ruiz Mojica rruiz at dcom.upv.es
Thu Apr 19 12:01:13 CEST 2007

My Name is Ruy Fernán Ruiz, from Universidad Politecnica de Valencia in Spain and I am now working with your excellent software "Gmesh".
I have my own 2D surface mesh generator and I would like to use the mesh generated by it as the input data for the 3D mesh generation with your software.
I send the geometry to GMesh  and would like that it returns a volumetric mesh with no changes in my original surface mesh. How can I avoid that Gmesh change the contour elements (triangles) of my original mesh.

I'm sending the file in a command line:

gmsh.exe -3  fname

and the file is attached (the surfaces that define the volume are in fact the triangular elements of the contour).

Does the Gmesh have an option to perform this action? (3D mesh without changing the original surface).

Thank you for your time,

Ruy Fernan Ruiz Mojica
Ingeniero de Sistemas
UPV