[Gmsh] Gmsh Masters Research

laurence griffiths lgriffiths.aero at googlemail.com
Sat Jan 12 20:24:02 CET 2008

Dear Gmsh Creators (Christophe Geuzaine and Jean-François Remacle)

I am student Final Year masters student at the university of Bristol (UK)
and am currently doing my research project.

My project focuses on whether or not it is possible to use open source cfd
software to calculate flow around complex geometries. (The end result should
be high mach number flow results of the swift space vehicle currently being
developed by AspireSpace).

One of the meshing programs i am currently using is Gmsh and so far have
successfully created structured and unstructured meshes for 2D geometries (&
unstructered 3D). Which brings me onto my question:

Do you have any 'example' structured geometry files of 3D structured meshes
i could look at? The geometry will only be used to improve my understanding,
so of course does not have to be too 'polished'.

your help in this matter will be very much appreciated.

Regards,
Laurence Griffiths