[Gmsh] Extrude Line by rotation

Maka Mohu maka.mohu at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 11:13:27 CET 2008

Hi!

Extrude line is expected to return an array, let's say a, with a[0]=id
of the end line and a[1]=id of the resulting surface. I tried the
following lines but it gives parsing error. I noticed an old
discussion on the forum about that but it was in French. Sorry, I
hardly know English.

------------------------------------

Point(100) = {2,0,0,lc};
a[] = Extrude {1,0,0}{
  Point{100}; Layers{4};
};

Extrude {{0,1,0}, {0,0,0}, Pi} { Line{a[0]}; Layers{10}}

motivation:
I have a complex geometry that is described by a curve and I need to
build surface out the curve by rotation. I know that one could
generate surface first and then extrude to volume but I'm interested
in exporting both the surface (alone) and the volume mesh (alone).
That is why I have to go through Extrude Line and perhaps Point also

Best regards,
Maka