[Gmsh] Constrains and boundary conditions

Libor Dub libor_dub at yahoo.ie
Fri Mar 21 20:36:32 CET 2008

Hello,

I've been able to learn a lot about GMSH through documentation, tutorials and forum, however there's a big black hole between the mesh and results for post-processor (I can't find a single line on this subject):
 - I have GMSH installed, running and I even learned how to create geometry and mesh by now
 - I installed GetDP and linked it to /usr/local/bin/
 - I do understand, that I have to group and label a set of constraint entities using Geometry->Physical->Add->i.e. Line

That's where I stuck. I know from ANSYS what I want, I just can't find a way to achieve it.
 - how can I actually SET the constraints, material properties and loads? Could anybody provide a link to a tutorial or some documentation? All the documentation on GetDP is broad targeted to people interested in actually using all the capabilities of their solver, not using it as "simple" FEM solver integrated in process of FEM analysis.

I think that there are many confused people and we would be all grateful for little help.

Regards,

Libor