[Gmsh] Constrains and boundary conditions

osman osman at fuse.net
Fri Mar 21 23:03:38 CET 2008

On Fri, 2008-03-21 at 19:36 +0000, Libor Dub wrote:
> Hello,

Hi Libor

> That's where I stuck. I know from ANSYS what I want, I just can't find
> a way to achieve it.
>  - how can I actually SET the constraints, material properties and loads? Could anybody provide a link to a tutorial or some documentation? All the documentation on GetDP is broad targeted to people interested in actually using all the capabilities of their solver, not using it as "simple" FEM solver integrated in process of FEM analysis.

OK, Getdp is NOT ANSYS!  You have to set your problem - linear
elasticity in the getdp language. There is a wiki:

http://geuz.org/getdp/wiki/FrontPage
username: getdp, password: wiki

with examples including elasticity/heat transfer/magnetics. I think
getdp was written for electro magnetics, but could also solve most other
PDEs. You need to know how to represent your PDE in getdp language (weak
form).
This is not just build your mesh apply your load using mouse clicks and
here is solution stuff as in ANSYS. But it is much more powerful and on
its way to become a PSE (problem solving environment). Has a steep
learning curve. Just look at the examples closest to your problem and
read the getdp manual. Also getdp has its own mail list.

Good luck!
-osman