[Gmsh] Zero volume elements in Delaunay 2d triangulation

=?windows-1252?Q?Jean-Fran=8D=E7ois_Remacle?= jean-francois.remacle at uclouvain.be
Mon Mar 31 18:13:14 CEST 2008

Jose Paulo Moitinho de Almeida a écrit :
> Hello
>
> I know that the Delaunay triangulation is "experimental", but I was solving
> the problem of face orientation when post-processing the mesh.
>
> Now, when refining the mesh around a singularity I came to an example where I
> get
>
> $ gmsh ref.geo -algo del2d -2 -bgm ref.bgm
> Warning : Colinear points in circum circle computation
>
> and the resulting mesh has triangles with colinear nodes.

gmsh ref.geo -algo del2d -2 -bgm ref.bgm -rand 1.e-11

gives a better result. Indeed your mesh has sizes that varies a lot, so it
is better to perturbate less the points of the initial mesh. BTW, if you use
nightly snapshots, try the "very very experimental"

gmsh ref.geo -algo frontal -2 -bgm ref.bgm -rand 1.e-11

that produce more regular meshes.

JFR