[Gmsh] Hybrid mesh and combine triangles in quadrilaterals

Christophe Geuzaine cgeuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Fri Oct 24 21:03:15 CEST 2008

Fabian wrote:
> Hi Christophe,
>
> Christophe Geuzaine wrote:
>> Fabian wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I just saw the geometry and wonder, if there is a chance to extrude
>>> the
>>
>> sure: cf. attached file.
>>
> Oh, thanks! Am I able to declare any progression or bump to the extrude
> volume as well? Would be great.

You can specify the number of elements and the relative height of each
extruded layer. For example:

Extrude {0, 0, 1} {
   Surface{9, 1};
   Layers{{1,1,1,1,1,1}, {0.05,0.15,0.5,0.85,0.95,1}};
   Recombine;
}

You could thus generate a progression with something like this:

n = 6;
r = 2;
a = (r - 1) / (r^n - 1);
one[0] = 1;
layer[0] = a;
For i In {1:n-1}
   one[i] = 1;
   layer[i] = layer[i-1] + a * r^i;
EndFor
Extrude {0, 0, 1} { Surface{9, 1}; Layers{one[], layer[]}; Recombine; }