[Gmsh] CAN GMsh export line information?

Christophe Geuzaine cgeuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Wed Apr 29 08:50:06 CEST 2009

Chijie Zhuang wrote:
> Dear all,
> Sorry to trouble you.
> In .msh file, gmsh does not export all line informations.  It only
> exports some of the lines in the section of $Elements.
>
> There are different types of elements, nodes, lines, cells... for
> example, each triangle contains three lines, each line contains some
> nodes. When coding discontinuous Galerkin method, it is better to get
> all the line information.

Gmsh does not save edge/face information at the moment. We might add
features to do this in the future. In the meantime, generating this info
from the data saved in a msh file is trivial: just loop over the
elements and create the edges on the fly (e.g. by using a set of
oriented pairs of node numbers).