[Gmsh] Gmsh + Elmer

Sebastian Mathiowetz sebastian.mathiowetz at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 7 18:23:34 CEST 2009

Hi,

While looking for an appropriate preprocessor for ElmerGUI, I came about
Gmsh, because it is easy and intuitive
to use (I´m a bloody beginner). I´m using ElmerGUI 5.5 (rev. 3054)  for Mac
OS X and Gmsh Version 2.3.1. for Mac.
When I want to open a Gmsh file (which I saved in Gmsh) in ElmerGUI (via
open -> *.msh), there just doesn´t happen anything.
When I open a samplefile in the .msh-Format which Is provided within the
download package of Elmer, I´ts working fine.
I found in the gmsh-archive some related messages which posted that the
problem may come from the use of triangle- and tetrahedra-elements in an
volume-shape, but I tried to open a 2d-shape in Elmer (which contains only
triangle elements) and failed anyway.

Do you have any idea what could be the problem?

Thanks for any hints!

Sebastian

--
Sebastian Mathiowetz