[Gmsh] gmsh

Geordie McBain gdmcbain at freeshell.org
Mon Jul 27 02:59:09 CEST 2009

2009/7/24 Joakim Sandström <joakim.sandstrom at brandskyddslaget.se>:
> I have become a fond user of gmsh when creating geometries for thermal
> calculations. I’ve run in to trouble in these calculations when the
> temperature gradient is very steep with a mesh that is to coarse. The
> problem is that I do not need a fine mesh anywhere else but close to the
> certain boundaries where the temperature gradient is steep. Creating a fine
> mesh in the whole volume demands to much computational time. Is there a way
> to separately specify the grid size within different physical groups?

I'm not sure about within different physical volumes, but I think you
should be able to achieve the effect you want using Background Fields,
in particular based on an Attractor at points near that certain
boundary where the temperature gradient is steep.  See
demos/fields.geo in the source distribution directory.