[Gmsh] Merging Surfaces

Mike B. mb78aa at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 5 12:15:19 CEST 2009

Dear All,

I generate a set of surfaces (patches) which together define a closed shell and then use a surface loop to define the closed shell.

Meshing this setup creates a separate mesh for each surface (patch). How can I make Gmsh:
a)  `glue' all these `patches' together and treat them as a single surface?
b) following a), create a single mesh covering the entire closed shell?. Currently, since Gmsh treats each patch seperately and does not `see' the full shell if I want to refine the mesh I must set the element size to be smaller then the sides of the patches, but it should relate to the sides of  the entire shell.

Cheers and thanks,
Mike.