[Gmsh] Merging Surfaces

Mark van Doesburg mark.van.doesburg at technolution.nl
Wed Aug 5 12:31:53 CEST 2009

Hello Mike,

If you're using an iges file, you can set "Cut and merge" in the general
options of the geometry. It is buggy and painfully slow, however. It
is my intention to re-write this from scratch without OCC, but only for
straight lines.

regards,

Mark.

"Mike B." <mb78aa at yahoo.com> wrote:

	Dear All,

	I generate a set of surfaces (patches) which together define a closed shell and then use a surface loop to define the closed shell.

	Meshing this setup creates a separate mesh for each surface (patch). How can I make Gmsh:
	a)  `glue' all these `patches' together and treat them as a single surface?
	b) following a), create a single mesh covering the entire closed shell?. Currently, since Gmsh treats each patch seperately and does not `see' the full shell if I want to refine the mesh I must set the element size to be smaller then the sides of the patches, but it should relate to the sides of  the entire shell.

	Cheers and thanks,
	Mike.