[Gmsh] Random Meshes

Adam Zabriskie xenon54z at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 23:57:56 CEST 2009

Hello,

I am trying to generated an unstructured mesh and have been noticing that
each time I generated the mesh, the mesh is different from the previous
time.  This is really easy to see if you make a square plane 2d mesh and
just keep reloading and doing a 2d mesh.  Each time Gmsh has to calculate a
new mesh it is different.  Is there a way to generate the same mesh which
has the same nodal location every time?  Is there and option to turn off the
random seed generator and just use a constant seed?

This is my square, which shows the randomness after each reload and mesh.

Point(1)={0,0,0,1};
Point(2)={10,0,0,1};
Point(3)={10,10,0,1};
Point(4)={0,10,0,1};