[Gmsh] An inquire about drawing iso-value contour map

Kengo Yoshida yoshida at yz.yamagata-u.ac.jp
Wed Sep 2 03:59:33 CEST 2009

Dear Professors Geuzaine and Remacle

First of all, I would like to say thank you for providing a wonderful software, Gmsh, to public.

I started to use Gmsh last week, and I am now trying to draw iso-value map of deformed solids.
The deformation is analized by FEM develped by myself and Gmsh is used as a post-processer.
First, to check the grammer of file format, I draw a iso-value contour with one quadrangle element.
Please have a look at some results shown in the attached file.
Node value is given such that 1 for a node and 0 for others.
The node possessing a value of 1 is changed.
The symmetric figures were expected to be drawn, but the results were not and have apparent directionality.
I could not find mistake in the input file, which is also copied in the attached file.
If you could give any comment, it would help me a lot.

Sicerely,
Kengo Yoshida

Kengo Yoshida
Assistant Pforessor
Graduate School of Science and Engineering,
Yamagata University,
Japan