[Gmsh] Creating Streamlines with gmsh

Christophe Geuzaine cgeuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Wed Sep 2 14:48:07 CEST 2009

Sebastian Lehmann wrote:
> Dear Sirs and Madams,
>
> we tried the gmsh-version 2.4 for windows to simulate the magnetic field
> between magnetic spheres. From that we get a vector view of the H-field
> (see appendix). But unfortunately we are not able to change this view
> into a streamline view. The only thing we get is a grid of points, which
> are the choosen points in the plugin-window. The hint to use the
> "makeSimple"-plugin
> (http://www.geuz.org/pipermail/gmsh/2004/001150.html)  also didn't
> change anything.
>
> I would be glad if you can offer help in this problem.

Hi Sebastian - Since your input file only contains points (without the
connectivity), you need to tetrahedralize them before applying the
StreamLines plugin.

I've just added a new Plugin(Tetrahedralize) in CVS; it should be
available in tomorrow's nightly builds. Here's the kind of result you
obtain with a combination of Plugin(Tetrahedralize) and Plugin(StreamLines):

http://geuz.org/gmsh/gallery/sebastian_lehmann.divx

Ch.