[Gmsh] voids adjacent to a volume edge

Shawn Fostner sfostner at physics.mcgill.ca
Tue Oct 27 15:37:09 CET 2009

Thanks David,

I tried that, but now it meshes the 2d surfaces fine, but complains that
"Error   : No tetrahedra in region 3" (which is what corresponds to the
lower rectangle. Probably because its effectively open now, even though
its still effectively bounded on the top by volume 116. The issue seems
to be the overlapping boundary between volume 3 and 116, which is where
surface 13 (the bottom of the void) and 18 (the top of the "surface" or
volume 3) intersect. Not sure how to get around that, how do you force
it to allow you to close the bottom region, but at the same time use the
boundary as a void in the upper region.

Shawn

--

Shawn Fostner
PhD Candidate, Physics Department, McGill University