[Gmsh] voids adjacent to a volume edge

Shawn Fostner sfostner at physics.mcgill.ca
Fri Oct 30 06:04:22 CET 2009

Related to this problem, I'm still trying to find a solution, is it
possible to use physical groups to force the mesh? If I set up certain
surfaces as groups it no longer crashes, but only meshes 2d, 3d still
doesn't work generally, or one of the 2 regions 3d meshes, but not both.

I've tried overlapping the meshes, defining holes everywhere I can think
of, but in the end, having a void in one region directly ajacent to the
other just seems to make both very unhappy.

Shawn