[Gmsh] neighbors+ruled surfaces

Denis Martynov demar89 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 16:33:37 CET 2009

Dear sir!
My name is Denis Martynov, I'm a student of Moscow Institute of Physics and
Technology, department of general and applied physics. My science team needs
tetrahedral meshes in physical space for solving our tasks. At this stage I
build mesh using GMSH, then save it using binary .msh format, and then load
this file to my C++ program. Now I have to find out for each tetrahedron its
neighbours myself and this takes some time...I wonder if GMSH can type a
list of neighbors for each tetrahedron? I use Delaynay algorithm that is
optimized by Netgen.
And I have another question. It is actual if GMSH can't type neighbors of
each tetrahedron. This is about ruled surfaces. In GMSH tutorial one can
read about ruled surface: "a surface that can be interpolated using
transfinite interpolation". How can I get the equation of the surface to
define which tetrahedrons border this surface?
Sincerely,
Denis Martynov.