[Gmsh] Geometric scaling of STP files

Bill Milewski bmilewski at aphysci.com
Thu Apr 15 20:03:38 CEST 2010

Hi Prof. Remacle,

Thanks for the response.

I’ve attached copies of IGES files and output meshes from GMSH.  The “test1”
files show the issue with scaling whereas the “test2” files do not.  I used
units of meters in Rhino for the “test1” file and millimeters for the
“test2” files.  It appears that there is a default setting of millimeters
somewhere in the OpenCascade routines that causes the problem that I’ve
observed.  I should be able to complete my current task, but it would be
nice to have a better understanding of the default values and limitations of
the CAD model.

Best regards,

Bill

  _____