[Gmsh] ReplaceDuplicatePoints malfunction

Konstantinos Poulios logari81 at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 29 08:16:38 CEST 2010

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 11:05 PM, Jean-Francois Remacle
<jean-francois.remacle at uclouvain.be> wrote:

> Le 28-avr.-10 à 22:06, Konstantinos Poulios a écrit :
>
> After some further experimentation I tend to conclude that there is a
> logical error in the way the avl tree is used in the case of
> "allNonDuplicatedPoints". To my understanding, the comparison function
> "comparePosition" which is used by this tree is not an appropriate
> comparison function. The following 2D example demonstrates what I
> mean:
>

> yes, true, we should use bounding boxes and multidimensional trees...
> yet, we're working now on a complete re-writing of Gmsh's modeler, that
> will be a true modeler, so be patient, that kind of thing should not happen
> anymore  ;-)
> JF

Nice!! If you plan to use kdtree's, maybe you are interested in the
following kdtree implementation:
http://svn.gna.org/viewcvs/getfem/trunk/getfem/src/bgeot_kdtree.cc?rev=3454&view=markup
where I have recently contributed the nearest neighbour search part.

Thanks for the quick response, so that I don't have to invest more
time in this issue.

Kind Regards

Kostas