[Gmsh] Reading OpenCascade files in Gmsh

Christophe Geuzaine cgeuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Tue May 18 18:29:00 CEST 2010

On 18/05/10 13:43, Martin Vymazal wrote:
> Hello Gmsh developers,
>
> I have a sample geometry (the geo file is attached to this email), which
> I can read and mesh with the stable version of gmsh. When I try with my
> compiled version of gmsh, I get this:
>
> Error : 'test.geo', line 7 : syntax error (")
> Error : 'test.geo', line 8 : syntax error (")
>
> I use the file whenever I update my gmsh sources to check if gmsh works
> fine. I didn't have this problem some time ago, and I thought maybe I'm
> doing something wrong now. However, the same happens when I try to load
> the file with the automated nightly build of gmsh. Is this a bug?

Hi Martin - No: it's just that we removed this way of creating
geometries from the old parser. All the new stuff will be driven by Lua.
This is what it will look like, more or less (in a ".lua" file):

g = GModel()
v1 = g:addVertex(0, 0, 0, 1)
v2 = g:addVertex(1, 0, 0, 1)
e1 = g:addLine(v1, v2)
f1 = g:extrude(e1, {0,0,0}, {0,1,0})
r1 = g:extrude(f1, {0,0,0}, {0,0,1})
r1 = g:revolve(f1, {-.1,0,0}, {-.1,1,0}, 3.1415 / 2)