[Gmsh] physical groups from CAD import

Hansen Michael Michael.Hansen at andritz.com
Wed Jul 28 12:10:41 CEST 2010

Hello,

I'm no expert (yet), but I'll try an answer...

If you see physical objects in the tools-visibility-tree browser list,
they are defined and appear in the mesh too. If you export in MSH
format, it's the fourth column in the element definitions (for code
aster call GM1, GM2, etc.) If you use MED format, call G-2D-1, G-3D-4,
... from code aster.

If the physical groups don't appear in GMSH, you might want to use STEP
to transfer from Salome to GMSH. It's a bit more complicated, as the
physical groups are imported into GMSH with the same order as defined in
the step file, but the names are discarded of course.

Hope this helps.

Meilleures salutations / Best regards

Michael Hansen
Engineering