[Gmsh] msh format

Mikhail Titov mlt at gmx.us
Fri Nov 19 17:03:51 CET 2010

Marco:

File format is well documented.

Actual number of nodes used in elements can be calculated in case you have orphaned nodes (you shouldn't have if you define physical surface). If you like perl, you can use hash with dummy value assigned and then count number of keys to get the number of nodes used to define elements.

If you was working with projected coordinates, GDAL can help you. See http://search.cpan.org/dist/Geo-GDAL/ for perl solution.

Mikhail