[Gmsh] gmsh mesh duplication

David Randall david.alexander.randall at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 13:20:53 CEST 2011

Dear Christophe,

I've been using gmsh for a while now, mainly for computational
electromagnetics (CEM). It is a great piece of software and it has proved to
be extremely useful to me.

However, I have found that if I have two closed bodies that share a common
face, the 2D surface mesher will mesh that face twice and I will end up with
duplicate triangles on that face. I have tried playing with all the options
available to me but I cannot seem to stop this behaviour. Are there any
plans to correct this in later versions? This is particularly important as
often in CEM you will need a meshed face that separates regions of differing
material properties and duplicate or overlapping triangles are not allowed.

I have attached a small diagram to help explain my problem.

Thanks in advance

Best regards,

David