[Gmsh] Linux Centos crashes when I zoom too fast

Christophe Henrard Christophe.Henrard at samtech.com
Fri Aug 12 15:29:31 CEST 2011

Hello,

For a few weeks, I've been experiencing a weird problem. I'm running the
Linux version of GMSH (I tried with versions 2.4.2 and 2.5.0) on a Linux
Centos 5.6 release (via a virtual machine player VMWare). Whenever I
open any model, if I get close to the part and move, rotate or zoom, I
get logged out of Linux completely and I need to relog and reopen all my
windows.

To be more accurate, when I'm really close the the part, the only thing
that I can do is turning the wheel of the mouse to zoom out slowly but
not anything else. Then, once I'm far away, everything seems fine and I
can do anything (pan, rotate, zoom with the wheel or the middle button).
But if I zoom again too close, everything crashes and I get logged out.

Is anybody having the same problem?
Kind regards,

believed to be clean.