[Gmsh] Linux Centos crashes when I zoom too fast

Jayesh Badwaik jayesh.badwaik90 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 17:25:03 CEST 2011

hi,
yes.. my colleague had the same problem
our observation was that... the crashes occur on machines which do not have
a dedicated graphics card
I had an nvidia graphics card and it never crashed on my computer.....
the effect occurs irrespective of whether the computer is a desktop or a
laptop
and occurs only in linux... the crashes do not take place in windows......

actually similar behavior was seen with paraview...... (crash on linux with
no dedicated graphics, no crash on windows, no crash on linux with dedicated
graphics)
which led us to suspect that it might be an OpenGL problem
but again I'm not sure..

but we did not have access to the newer machines which has inbuilt graphics
module (Core i range)
so we are not sure about that.....

Cheers and Regards
Jayesh Vinay Badwaik
Electronics and Communication Engineering
VNIT, Nagpur
INDIA

"We are servants rather than masters in mathematics" -- Charles Hermite