[Gmsh] Adapting Bathymetry data to Gmsh

Tomohisa Simoyama shimoyamatomohisa at gmail.com
Sat May 26 13:14:23 CEST 2012

Dear All user,

this is Shimoyama from Hiroshima University, Japan.

I am trying to adapt gebco(bathymetry data) to Gmsh.
With GSHHS plugin, I made shoreline on *geo file.
However, I would like to adapt bathymetry data into "geo file as well as
gshhs_f.b.

Now, I make a *msh file used Threshold field.
This *file is made by fime mesh along shoreline and rough mesh in ocean.

I would make a  *msh file as below definitions.
1) Shoreline is fine mesh.
2) Regarding to ocean, deeply place is more fine mesh than shallow place.

I assure that I am able to fit bathymetry into Gmsh.
Does someone let me know how to adapt it ?
I hope your kindly attitude.

Best Regards,

Shimoyama

Graduate School for International Development and Cooperation, Hiroshima
University
Master of International Development and Cooperation

Shimoyama Tomohisa
Email: shimoyamatomohisa at gmail.com