[Gmsh] Elliptic ring wing extrusion

Mira Lennis mira_lennis at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 7 13:43:38 CEST 2012

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to extrude a ring wing but I can't figure out how to define it.
It's a ring wing that is the same as the one in this picture:
http://www.homebuiltairplanes.com/forums/attachments/light-stuff-area/11831d1302830789-ring-wings-round-wing-ultralight.jpg

It's has an elliptic form with the major axis on the horizontal.
However, unlike in the picture I want the wing to end at a certain angle. This also means the thickness changes depending on the angle.
I figured I can control the thickness by using sin (x+c) with c being an adjusting angle so that I get 1 for max thickness and 0 at an ending angle.
I think I can also control the displacement toward the rear based on the angle, too.
So all that's left is the elliptic extrusion. Can someone give me an example, please?

Sincerely,
Mira Lennis