[Gmsh] import external-generated geometry in gmsh

Zenker, Dr. Matthias Matthias.Zenker at erbe-med.com
Wed Sep 26 13:04:55 CEST 2012

Hi,

the problem of nonconformal mesh at volume interfaces is really annoying.

I have tried to find a solution by processing a surface mesh with a scilab script, cutting and merging duplicated interfaces, redefining the volumes and doing the 3D mesh in gmsh. My tool is not mature yet since the handling of partially overlapping surfaces is not working like it should. But it works for duplicated surfaces which are identical, even in cases when the "cut and merge faces" recently implemented in gmsh fails.

Do I understand correctly from the message below ("We can imagine to modify the algorithm and mesh series of connected volumes together.") that there is a solution within gmsh in sight? Is there actually work going on at this field?

If I can contribute to a solution, I would be glad to do so.

Best regards,

Matthias